Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Journal of Frankenstein

New World Enterprises Syndicated
Publisher / Editor: Calvin T. Beck
1959

A long time fan already working in the publishing business, Cal Beck entered the monster mags fray with the one-shot The Journal of Frankenstein. Beck would retool the concept, three years later, as Castle of Frankenstein. JoF was sold in the back issues dept. of CoF, but the picture shown was always of the back cover. The JoF logo was a direct swipe from of the one used on Dick Briefer's Frankenstein comic book series from the 1940s. JoF was revived in 1999, for 5 additional issues, by publisher Dennis Druktenis.

No. 1 (front)










No. 1 (back)

No comments:

Post a Comment